I woke up this morning (after a late night watching Big Bang Theory with Sonic!) in a very good mood.
Although thoroughly gutted that we've just finished watching Season 5 of Big Bang Theory and now have to wait until September for the next one to be released!
I decided i wanted to make pancakes for breakfast after buying a new frying pan yesterday.. i thought it would be the perfect time to try it out!
They are so easy to make and can be eaten sweet or savoury, and are so yummy i couldn't not share the recipe with you!
Mom's Pancake Recipe
Makes 8 pancakes
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/2 pint Milk (use a measuring jug)
- Tip the flour & salt into a mixing bowl and mix together
- Make a 'well' in the centre and crack the egg into it
- Mix in whilst slowly adding half of the milk, a bit at a time until a liquidy batter forms
- Beat with a wooden spoon and try to get rid of most of the lumps (2-3 minutes)
- Add the remaining milk and beat until mixed in
- Tip the mixture back into the jug (used for the milk) - this makes it easier to pour
- Set the hob to a medium-high heat and pour small amounts of mixture to the frying pan and tip the pan to spread the mixture
- Cook for around 30 seconds each side the flip (if your brave enough!) if not use a spatula to turn them
- Tip out onto a plate and enjoy with sugar, syrup, lemon juice or any toppings you want!
After devouring such yummy pancakes! (i did not really want to move!)
I jumped in the shower and got changed in order to head up to Tesco for shopping and a last minute Mother's Day gift.. BIG MISTAKE
They had rearranged quite a large section of the top floor to allow room for a 'Mother's Day children's photo shoot' area. There was a red beanbag in the middle of the floor and a large grey canvas background. Which you could pay to have your child photographed infront of as a Mother's Day gift. The queue was ridiculous!
The card section was a different matter..cards everywhere (all over the floor) and it was crowded with people with trolleys and baskets all trying to get at the same thing! Lots of children asking their dads to buy giant cards and chocoaltes and flowers :)
When it came to getting a gift, the Mother's Day shelves were more-than-half empty! There were big gaps in displays and things all over the wrong shelves.. clearly a hurrid dash for forgotten things!
I found the most lovely present for my mom!
But i will review it tomorrow as it is Mother's Day then, ia m afraid she might read this and it might spoil the surprise!
Although i picked myself a right bargain! I do usually make time to browse around the clothes section at the supermarket as i rarely have time to shop for clothes unless it's online - so when i saw the big red SALE sign - i just had to check it out!
It was well worth it, i came away with a gorgeous cream 3/4 sleeved jumper from the Basics collecion that was reduced from £5 to just £2!
Even the woman on the till commented on what a good buy it was!
After battling the checkout queues and traffic i managed to get home and make yummy filling jacket potatoes topped with melted butter and YUM black & pink peppercorn spread!
Perfect after battling not-very-nice weather and a full-to-the-brim supermarket!
I have also sat and written a reply to my pen-friend in Southampton - Katy :)
I hope everyone else has Mother's Day sorted!
Enjoy the rest of your Saturday!